5 Ways to Make and Save Money in 2014
Still sticking to those New Year’s resolutions? Most of us have high aspirations for 2014 and the promises of a new year. Whether it’s being healthier, working out more, or getting a promotion, our goals are still in sight. In order to meet our goals and live a better life, it’s nice to have extra money on hand for the things we want and need the most. To help, we’ve compiled 5 ways to make and save money in 2014.
[caption id="attachment_2686" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Image via http://allwomenstalk.com"][/caption]
- Get a job, start a business, find contract work. Whatever it is, find something that you can handle and that pays. Search online, ask friends and family, or just inquire at local establishments in person. Begin the job hunt for your first job or a new job and start spending smartly once the money begins rolling in.
- Save and budget. Once you have some form of income, look for ways to save and budget, or find ways to get a raise or pick up a secondary income. A quick way to save money is to eliminate excessive eating out. Instead, take the effort to spend a little extra time making substantial meals to keep you fuller longer without breaking the bank.
- Set aside money. As the cash (or paychecks) come in, make it a habit to set aside a certain portion of your earnings each pay period. Save it in a bank to collect interest and have on hand for emergencies or that new house you’ve been wanting for years. And as loose change piles up, collect it in an empty jar and save it for a rainy day.
- Avoid unnecessary spending. That candy bar you see while you’re waiting in the line to check out at the grocery store? Yeah, you don’t really need that. Avoid purchases that aren’t necessary. If you go to the store with a list of everything you need or want to get, stick to the list and you’ll be less likely to impulse buy.
- Sell electronics. Do you have old or barely-used electronics hanging around? Instead of letting them collect dust, sell them for money or trade them in for something you really want. With NextWorth you can easily sell electronics for top dollar without all the hassle. Whether it’s online or in-store, NextWorth will work with you to get a fair price for your old or unused gadgets. Earn and save money in just a few easy steps!
Want to upgrade your electronics? Use the NextWorth Discover prepaid card
to receive a 5% bonus value on your next trade-In, on top of any promo codes already used.